NuffNang Header

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Favorites: Burgers!

One of the best sandwiches that was ever invented is the burger. Actually, I think it is a sacrilege to call it a sandwich, a hamburger is a whole different category all together.  That is just how I love burgers.  In fact, whenever I would go to a different country I would always try the McDonald's Quarter Pounder there just to compare.  And the results of my experiment is that there is no difference with the burger in the US, Singapore, Japan, etc. with the burger that our local "Mcdo" offers.

I usually have a burger craving that can not be satisfied with the offerings of the bee, the clown, the girl or the king.  So whenever I would like to eat a burger there is only one place that I go to fill that void.


I think that the stripes is already a give away on the what place this is.  Yes, for me the best burgers in town could be found at TGI Friday's.  Featured in the photo above is the Bacon Cheeseburger, it is served with yummy fries.  And it is best to pair this with a strawberry milkshake.


I like Friday's burgers because of the large servings and thickness of the patty.  It is really very filling that if you eat it in the afternoon you are still filled up till dinner time.  I like my burgers medium well which you really can't ask from a fast food chain :)  Sige, try natin minsan sabihin nyo sa Mcdo na gawing medium well ang chesseburger.

Second honor goes to a gourmet burger place that has been in existence through the years - Hotshots!


Hotshots uses only flame grilled burgers which is great if you want to be sure that there are no lards used to fry the burger.  There are also other variety of burgers to choose from like the Garlic Cheese, Chicano and Mozzarella.  Good thing that Hotshots is back in Ayala Center.  They are now located at Food Choices 3rd floor of Glorietta 4.


So I just indulge in burgers over the weekends since I go to a strict low carb diet on weekdays.  And when it is weekends as I say on my tagline above the mantra is "the diet starts (again) tomorrow."

2 comments:

  1. my husband also likes Friday's burger :)
    and lately, i've been craving for Charlie's Grill and Grind Angus Burger :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. try stackers ronald. masarap sya

    ReplyDelete