NuffNang Header

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Welcome the Year of the Rabbit (or bunny, whatever.)  Los Luchador/Executive Lunch wishes everyone a wonderful year ahead.

I recently went to Singapore and they have already decorated Chinatown for the Chinese New Year.



Now this next picture is what I call "who the heck?"  See the girls at the background?



There are Chinese lanterns all around.





And of course, the reason why I posted these here in the food blog and not in Los Luchador (http://www.azicran.blogspot.com/) is because during this trip I tried the food in Chinatown.  And boy was I in for a gastronomic treat!


The place is basically point and cook.  Sa Tagalog, ituro mo at lulutuin ko!   That sounded like a song from VST and Company.


The place is quite packed being a Friday night and the only table we were able to sit on is beside the stall where we ordered.  Unfortunately, it is also near the kitchen so we smelled like barbecue all through out the meal.  But then again it is worth it since the food were really great.

These sauteed kangkong are wonderful.  See the red chili smothered together with it?


Barbecued shrimp, yup you can't go wrong with these barbecued shrimp. Yummy!


But are you ready for some fried STINGRAY!


Actually, stingray tastes a lot like tuna.  Don't let the garlic fool you, there are still more chili together with that brown layer.  And that red side dish there is their version of the atchara.

And of course you need a fire extinguisher for those hot chili.


Again our location was very good since we are beside the beverage store too.  so once we are settled down the lady arrives and offered us two bottles of beer.


The sizes of the beverages there are weird, this one is actually 650 ml.

The only downside is since it is al fresco dining you also attract the street peddlers who sell you wet tissue, candies and other stuff.  

Since this is in the heart of Chinatown the shops are just near by.  Here is a video of my walkabout in Chinatown.  I am not that tall nor the Singaporeans short i have to raise my JVC Picsio camera above my head since there are a lot of people.


It's been some time since I've been to Binondo but probably that would my next stop and the subject of another post in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I can still remember our food tripping in Singapore! :) I'm sure it's so festive there this time of year.

    ReplyDelete