NuffNang Header

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

For the Love of....Cheesecake!

I love Blueberry Cheesecake!  I first tasted this heavenly dessert about 19 years ago.  It was at Sugarhouse back when they have their good old branch at Greenbelt.  At times I ate this dessert at Cafe Rizal and if I am looking for a budget variety I would buy a whole box at Red Ribbon.

The landscape of GB has changed through the years, Cafe Rizal is now gone and Red Ribbon has stopped selling Blueberry Cheesecakes (a pity!  Bring it back!)  So here are a couple of restaurants where I have tried their variation of the blueberry cheesecake and my take on them.


This one is from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.  This is quite good as the crust is just semi creamy which makes sure that the base is intact, the blueberries are whole and full and every time you take a bite each piece bursts with blueberry juice.  The downside is that this one of the priciest of the lot in proportion to the serving size.


This one is from Flapjacks.  It is not too creamy (more flour on the base) and the graham crust is not too sweet.  The serving size is proportionate to the price so it is best to have that special someone to share this cheesecake with you (yihee sobrang cheezy, lol!)


The picture above is Cheesecake Meliza's version of the blueberry cheesecake.  This cheesecake is also more flour based and what I have noticed is that the topping is too sweet.  And the whipped cream didn't really help the cause either.  For a cost of 76 pesos the serving is quite small.



Now this one is a bit of a sorry state as you can see in the picture.  I can not dare say anything bad against this though (c'mon this is cheesecake, if Friends' Joey loves sandwiches that much I consider it a sacrilege to say something bad about the cheesecake no matter what its condition is.  Save the Cheesecake!)   I would let this store to remain to be unnamed as well.  (What's that?  You can read the name of the store in the picture?  Oh well...)


This my friends is Conti's, enough said. No just kidding, well the first cheesecake I tried was a bit frozen but it does taste good.  It has a cream base and the graham cracker crust blends well with the taste.  I needed to have another try before I can say that this is my favorite cheesecake so far so I tried it another time.


Now this one is not frozen at all so I can probably say that Conti's cheesecake is my favorite commercially available blueberry cheesecake thus far.

But wait, a challenger awaits...



This large tray of blueberry cheesecake comes from a friend of mine as a Christmas gift (I understand his brother who is a chef made this.)  The graham crust is not too sweet (a tinge of salt to counter the sweetness of the base and the topping.)   It was simply heavenly, I hope it does become commercially available.

And my verdict, the best place to get yourself cheesecake comes from this place.  


No explanation nor description can do justice.  You simply have to try it to understand why I believe they offer the best cheesecake in town.  And I would tempt you by not showing you the picture of the Blueberry Cheesecake just yet.  I would post my Becky's Kitchen experience one of these days.

Happy Heart's Day!

2 comments:

  1. so where's Mom-Friday's blueberry cheesecake? hehehe...I love this! I like Conti's Stawberry cheesecake too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mom-Friday, ika nga nila sa Showtime. Sample, sample, sample!

    ReplyDelete