NuffNang Header

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tried Recently - Masas Lunch Offer

I work near Greenbelt so there are plenty of choices to take lunch. It may vary from the fastfood type with the usual value meals to fine dining restaurants where either the servings are too much for one person or the price may not be for the average lunch budget. An exception to this is Masas. I love their menu, I always bring my foreign guests there whenever they would like to sample fine Filipino cuisine. Among my favorites are the Crispy Tadyang ng Baka and the Tuna Belly. Their Iced Tea (Tamarind flavored if I am not mistaken) is simply superb!

I had lunch at Masas the other day for their lunch offer. A couple of restaurants are now offering lunch menus to boost sales in this side of Ayala Center. I tried the Chicken Inasal this time since I was already able to try the Kare Kare and their Adobo about a few weeks ago. It comes with Sinigang soup, Laing and Rice. All for under 150 pesos. This is a good deal for me, as the portions are not so bad especially when dining alone and the food quality is the same as the ala carte menu.

(You hear that restaurant D? wag tipirin pag promo meal. Pag sinabing Arroz ala Cubana isama mo yung egg and fried banana otherwise tawagin mo na lang na Giniling, okay?)

The ambiance is also exceptional, well lighted and clean. I also experience good service from the servers. The ambient music varies though, sometimes they play OPM at times they play R&B. This is also where I heard the acoustic version of "Love In This Club" it's cool in a weird kinda way :)

The downside is that they took out the dessert of Buko Pandan which was included in the earlier variant of this promo. Not making a fuzz out of it but it was somehow a good ending for such a fine meal, I hope they bring it back. Next time I'll post some pictures, I will probably come back again there this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment