NuffNang Header

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tried recently: Buckaroo's at Pearl Drive, Pasig

I have always been familiar dining at Pearl Drive in Ortigas, Pasig ever since my Unisys days.  I remember the time when The Old Spaghetti House was not yet expanding as fast as it is now (before they were even called TOSH) the first TOSH branch were my wife and I ate at was at Pearl Drive. That TOSH branch is now gone and the one that replaced it a Chicken Ati-Atihan Branch also folded up recently.  So now that most of our Saturday afternoons are spent at my daughter's playgroup at Pearl Drive, my wife and I have tried a majority of the restaurants in that area.  Pancake House (staple family restaurant), Rufo's (great tapas!), McDonald's (again?), Jollibee (where else isn't this bee present anyway?), Buddy's (yummy pancit, will blog about that another day), Mang Inasal (you already know this story and this branch was the last time we ever attempted to eat there, never came back ever since), Chicken Ati-Atihan (where Mang Inasal sucked this one it excelled, too bad it closed), Starbuck's (same comment as Jollibee's), and even Mozu Cafe at Linden Suites.  A Yellow Cab Pizza already opened there just a few weeks ago and that seems to be a good decision since there is a school nearby where the lunch money of the students is definitely not just average.

But now, there is a new place where my wife and I have been enjoying our lunch as we wait for the little girl to release excess energy.  The place is a Texas inspired restaurant named Buckaroo's Grilled Pizza and Burger.  Buckaroo's menu is mainly composed of grilled food (even the dessert is grilled, no kidding.)  So far, we have tried the burger and the grilled meat varieties.  Here are some photos of those we have ordered.


Above are the porkchops with Barbecue rice.  I particularly like their side veggies as it has turnip (singkamas.)


This one is their T-bone steak also with BBQ rice.


This is their porterhouse steak and Sun rice (because it's yellow.  I think the name was intended as a pun. Sun rice, Sun rise?)  notice the turnips are already gone?  Can't resist eating the turnips.

We have also tried their pork ribs, savory chicken and a dessert called crispy mallows ala mode (imagine a
Rebisco mallow dipped in batter and deep fried.  Served on top of ice cream and drizzled with chocolate syrup.  Well at least I hope the ice cream is fat free, hehe.)

And since this is Texas inspired the servings are BIG.  Specially the pork ribs to share which comes with marbled potatoes which is quite good.

What could be better for Buckaroo's is if they can be flexible with the sidings.  When we eat at Fish and Co to order their Grilled Porkchop Basilico, I always make it a point to have the veggies replaced with the Seafood Rice so that my wife and I can share the order.  In the case of Buckaroo's there are times that the sidings (in my opinion) don't really go well with the meat like the BBQ Pork Belly with French Fries.  It would have been better off with rice, mashed potatoes or marble potatoes.

Staff service is also very good and very courteous.  Food comes out just in the right time which gives us an assurance that the meat is grilled well.

Overall, I give this restaurant a rating of "Are we coming back to eat there again? Oh hell yeah!"

Visit their website at http://buckaroosonline.com or their facebook account http://www.facebook.com/pages/Buckaroos/285580186140 (this one is updated.)

3 comments:

  1. Just a clarification, we ordered the items that I've posted above in our visits for the last 4 weeks :) Di namin kayang kainin lahat yan in one visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uy, I like this! Hubby will like these grilled meat too..will try this out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mom-Friday. It's just beside 7-11 behind Tycoon Center. Ask if they still have the Kids Eat Free promo.

    ReplyDelete