NuffNang Header

Friday, November 19, 2010

Hooters Singapore - Now that's what I'm talking about!

Guys guys, settle down.  I know what comes to mind if the word Hooters is mentioned but this post is more about the great customer service that I've experienced with Hooters Singapore lately.  So it's more like marrying a Playboy Playmate because of her great personality ;-)


This story started when my friend and I decided to have a few beers at Hooters Singapore at Clarke Quay.  They have a 2+1 Happy Hour Promo starting 10pm so we've decided to order two Hoegaarden Beers and we got a third one free.  (It's a Belgian Beer, sweet tasting.  I recommend this one.)  


We were able to consume one and a half bottles each and so when I started to pay (through my credit card which turned out to be a good thing, will explain later on) I didn't quite notice very well how much I was paying.  (I blame it on the multiple rounds of Tiger Draft Beer that I have drank before going to Hooters.)  The server giving me extra service by folding the bill made me forget about giving the bill a second look. (Frankly, I could have preferred a different extra service... like a back massage perhaps? Ano pa ba...) 


I was already here in the Philippines when I looked at the bill again and saw that we were not charged with two beers but instead tequila and chicken wings!  Sad part is I overpaid as the beers would only amount to SGD27.10 and not the SGD35.20 that I signed.  I quickly wrote an email to Hooters to see if they can rectify the problem.  See my email below:  




From: Ronaldo N
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 2:07 AM
To: mktg@hooters.com.sg
Subject: bill error


Dear Sir,

I was a recent visitor of Singapore and your restaurant at Clarke Quay.  It appears that there seems to be some error in the bill that I have paid on November 12, 2010.  We ordered two Hoegaarden Beers and availed of your 2+1 promo.  I have paid invoice no. 550226 using my credit card with an amount of SGD 35.20.  However, now that I am checking my transaction the bill couldn't have reached that amount since a Hoegaarden only cost SGD 11.5 per bottle.  When I looked back at the invoice that was presented me (I noticed that the server quickly folded it when it was given to me) the items in the said invoice is tequila and chicken wings. Can you do something about this?  By the way I've already returned to the Philippines yesterday.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ronald N





A few hours later this email greeted me with a welcome surprise:


From: Joey Leong 
Date: Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 2:21 PM
Subject: RE: bill error
To: Ronaldo N
Cc: cs_chua, sam, operations, Hooters - Admin 




Dear Ronald,
Greetings from Hooters Singapore!
Yes!  We have since found out that we presented the wrong bill to you.  You were with another guest and had consumed a set of Hoegaarden Happy Hour deal (Buy 2 and get the 3rd free).  The amount should work out to be: $11.50 x 2 bottles = $23.00++. 
Folding the receipt was meant to be an extra service so that you can keep it in the wallet easily.  Our staff are trained to remind our customers to double check the items in the receipt as well, before we close the transaction.  We must apologise for this shortfall and we will definitely brief our girls again to be more careful. 
We will be writing to the bank to reverse the charges to S$27.10, or a refund of S$8.10. You should be seeing this in your next credit card bill statement.  Please find attached actual receipt for your reference.
We sincerely apologise for any inconveniences caused.  Should you require any further assistance, feel free to contact us again.  We look forward to see you in Hooters Singapore soon.
Warmest Regards,
(Ms) Joey Leong
Marketing & Business Development
Manager
Hooters Singapore


And just like that the SGD 8.10 was returned to me today.  Imagine if I've paid in cash?  The only thing I could probably do was be like Homer Simpson and say "d'oh!"


I have promised Joey to tell you guys about this great customer service experience.  And I can attest to you that there are more things to hoot for in Hooters other than the Hooter Girls ;-)  They serve good food and have good customer service too.  Do visit them at Clarke Quay when you are in Singapore or visit their website at http://www.hooters.com.sg/.  And try the Hoegaarden Beer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment